Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Books

I've been drowning in school related work. Between homework and applications, registration and research, I'm surprised I haven't cracked.
I've gotten on top of most of it.  I'm still roughly 20 pages behind on my script, but I'm hoping to be caught up by the end of the week.  I've also got to start on my massive research paper that's worth thirty percent of my English grade.  It doesn't help that I hate my teacher.  This is an online class, so it definitely takes work to hate someone based on simple text. 
Three weeks.  then I'm done.  I've got a pretty busy weekend and next week coming up, so it's time to get ahead of things.
Friday is harry potter, for which I am a nerd of geeklyness proportions.  Also, the boyfriend is getting his results on the bar exam, so a celebration is expected.  Then the next Monday through Wednesday i'm spending in Vegas (Comped room!  Thanks Harrahs!), then thanksgiving and a weekend sure to be hell at work.

I've made a list of books I plan to read by Christmas.  All in the arena of acting.  a lot of them I've already got, and some I plan to borrow from various friends.  I absolutely love amazon for used books.


Self Management for Actors-Bonnie Gillespie
An Agent Tells All-Tony Martinez
One Less Bitter Actor: The Actor's Survival Guide-Markus Flanagan
Book the Job-Doug Warhit
Intent to Live-Larry Moss
Respect for Acting-Uta Hagen
Art of Acting-Stella Adler
Sanford Meisner on Acting-Sanford Meisner
A Dream of Passion-Lee Strasberg
-The Power of the Actor-Ivanna Chubbuck
How To Book Acting Jobs in TV and Film-Cathy Reinking
How to Be a Working Actor-Mari Lyn Henry and Lynne Rogers
So You Want to Be in Showbusiness?- Steve R. Stevens
Challenge to the Actor-Uta Hagen
Acting is Everything -Judy Kerr
No Acting Please-Eric Morris
Acting for the Camera-Tony Barr

The goal is to read three a week, at least and report back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment