Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hello November!

I love November.  I love December.  I really really love the holiday season.
This year I'm trying not to go too overboard with my spending on gifts and stuff.  I've implemented a thirty buck max on gifts with friends and figure forty a pop for each parent.  The lawyer-boyfriend will get a little more towards his because, after all, he did get me the ipod touch for my birthday. 
Work's been a little insane.  They're beginning to enforce a four day maximum so we don't run out of hours.  I don't usually work more than four or five a week anyway, but it means getting shifts covered is going to be a lot more tricky than it used to be.
Met for drinks last night with LJ.  LJ has been my best friend since the third grade.  It was emotional.  You see, LJ lost her brother about a month back (he was only 26) due to some strange random heart failure.  The inconclusive results on his autopsy are party to blame for my  blogging absence.  It's been an emotional roller coaster for me, and especially for her, but things are finally getting back to normal.
School takes the fall for the rest of it.  I've finished my thesis paper, but now have a research paper worth a third of my grade.  And it has to be ten pages long.
That coupled with my advanced screenwriting class (I'm about thirty pages behind on my script) means I'm putting a lot of time in leaving very little for anything acting-related.
I'm deciding between headshot photographers.  I'm hoping to get some done in January.  I'm leaning towards Raquel Krelle but it's months away so I don't really have to worry.
I got a small raise at work, equalling out to about a hundred extra bucks a month, it's not a lot, but it's something and it's all going towards classes in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment