Thursday, March 17, 2011

Relocation: LA

The topic I often think about, but rarely actually mention out loud.
Relocation.  Moving.  Borrowing my parents truck to cart down all my crap.
A move to LA is necessary.  I tentatively brought up the subject with the Lawyer BF today.  Mostly to affirm some kind of consistency in our thinking.
The Lawyer BF becomes an official Lawyer in May.  The Lawyer BF will be looking for a job.  Without a doubt the Lawyer BF will have to move... somewhere.
He once mentioned the possibility of moving out of state.  My response?  Have fun.  I'll miss you.  Send me a cute postcard.
My comfort zone is clearly marked between the Inland Empire and San Luis Obispo, within 150 miles of the beach.  Even if I was lobotomised, I'd still put up a fight before moving outside of it.  I had a boyfriend move to San Diego once.  We broke up. 
This conversation went better.  His network (i.e. law school classmates) is solely based in LA.
My network (i.e. random HS and college acquaintances who have moved on the pursue acting as a career) is in LA.  My friends are there, a few family members are scattered around.  His Nana's there.  It's where we need to be.
And we'll be there by the end of June.
Okay, so technically, SB/ Ventura isn't that far away.  But really, it is.  I find myself looking and student film breakdowns and cringing about the drive.  How nice will it be to worry about it less?
Bring on the shitty apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment