Thursday, April 7, 2011

And We're Patched.

Well, crowned. Or re-crowned.
And swollen, and heavily medicated.  And I'm suffering from one sided-droopy face.
But my dental problems are fixed.... or just beginning.
You see, I'm in the midst of a major possible commitment.
My teeth.... they're not so great.  I mean, they're white and straight and all, but a little bit spacey.  I had braces as a teen.  They fixed the problem.  But in the last couple years I've noticed some um... drifting.
Okay so the natural reaction is hey, maybe wear my retainer right?  Can't.  Thanks family dog Bodie.
My dentist made me an offer this afternoon.  In the past I've inquired about invisalign.  I was quoted 5 grand and laughed my way out of the office.  I mean, my teeth are straight, just a little not as close together as I'd like ad my car isn't even worth that.
So I guess there's a girl who's got the opposite problem with just her bottom teeth being jacked (mine is just my top teeth).  My dentist made an offer to let us spilt the cost, and discounted.
I could fix my upper spacing issue for just 1500 bucks.
Part of me wants to laugh.  I have classes to pay for, credit cards to pay off and a gas gauge that doesn't work.  I can not afford a grand and a half.  Plus there's the saver inside of me telling me how much less this is going to cost than I was originally quoted.... and the saver says to go for it.  This is the inside voice that makes me check groupon on a daily basis.
Part of me really really wants to.  Really.  Part of me looks at the money issue and wants to cry.  Maybe I'll take on a second job.  I told him I'd get back to him by the end of next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment