Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hearts and Candy

So it’s the start of a new month, in the New Year.  I feel unproductive.
Frebruary makes me feel pink.  And fluffy.  And like I actually deserve to eat all that chocolate.  This wont be good for my behind.
March 1st makers the cut of date for multiple festivals and fellowships.  I have exactly one month (The short one, too) to get my ducks in a row, and my screenplay in tip top shape.
Here’s the thing:  I thought it was coming along well.  I really did.  But while I was in the shower yesterday I started thinking about how my complete product is nothing like the screenplay I set out to write.  And then I read the last draft of 500 Days of Summer.  It blew my mind.  Mine pales in comparison, that’s if one could even compare the two.  It was a hit, it really was.  Afterwards all I wanted to do was cry.
I’ve been working a lot.  We’re losing shifts next week, so I’m trying to get in as many as I can before that.  I’m looking at a minimum of $400 in entry fees.  So I guess its good I’m working.

Anyway, I’ve set a few goals for the month.
-Finish this draft of my screenplay.
-Register it with WGA. 
-Submit it.
-Meet with photographers and book a date for headshots.
-Commit to at least one class.

No comments:

Post a Comment