Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Today is the first day of SBIFF.
Magic is in the air.  I feel like I'm at my own version of hogwarts.
Except, you know, I'm stuck in detention with Umbridge aka at my day job.
It's the first week of school and something like 80% of our staff are students, which means work life is a pain in the ass.
I got three phone calls to cover today.  I comitted to one, mostly because the chick I'm covering for is amazing when in tcomes to covering my ass. 
So here I am, trapped in a little box while everone else is out having fun. 
I ran into my seventh grade teacher yesterday.  To this day he's the most influential teacher I've ever had.  He put such an empathis on the arts as a whole.  He introduced us to classical music and opera, other cultures and religions.  No instructor since has been as gifted of an educator.

On the screenplay front, I made it to the end of proofing what has turned into my second draft.  Good news, non?  Well, yes and no.  I'm done with this draft, but with it comes the realization that almost my entire third act is complete crap.  It's almost enough to make me cry.
On top of that, submission deadlines are fast approaching.  And the prices for them are fast piling up.
Lets say they average 40 a pop and I enter ten... thats 400 bucks.  The 400 bucks reserved for headshots. 
So now I have a conumdrum.  I guess it's good I ended up working today.
I'm only taking two lasses and am already starting to fold under the work load..... it's day three.  This can not be a good sign.
I dont feel like spell checking this now, as my boss is fast aproaching....
Until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment