Sunday, January 16, 2011

2011, You Just Got Here And You're Already Leaving?

This is my first post of 2011.
I want nothing more than to have great accomplishments to share.  Unfortunatly, they're few.
I will not dwell on the negative.  i'm making the choice to stay on the positive side of things.
So, I'm exactly half way through with the second draft of my first screenplay.  I busted my ass on it, and now I'm starting to finally feel a little more proud of it.  On the downside, the second half is a lot worse than the first because this is the point where I began to focus on getting it done, over the quality of scenes.
But hey, half is half, and it's a good thing.  Maybe I'll be done by the start of the next month?
I'm starting to form a new screen play in my head.  I'm pushing it back as far as I can, because i really don't think i can work on two simultaniously.  My father, The Book Connoseur cautions I should be taking notes, but the second I let one bit escape from my head, i'm sure more form and follow.  I don't even like typing about it now, as my brain is starting to whirl again.
I threw my back out two weeks ago.  At only 24, you can imagine this was quite a shock, and was accompanied by a lot of maoning and bitching on my part that was met with many an annoyed look on the parts of my family and friends.  .  I was bed bound for four days.  I read a lot, many many books, acting related and not.  I watched a lot of tv, movies. 
The Border's in Santa Barbara closed.  This is so incredibly sad to me, as it was such a great place.  The location is huge, three stories, beautiful, in a great location.  I'm sad to see it go, but rumors of an H&M in it's place make me hopefull.  Plus, I scored eight books for two bucks.  Not a bad deal, right?
I've gained Christmas and back injury weight, and now, though i actually have the money saved, finally, I want to lose it back before I take my headshots.  My sister, who, granted is a giant who weighed about 250 in May, Is down to 185 in the time since.  I need to find out her secret.
Anyways, back to the grind, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Hello! New Reader here. I am sorry to hear about your back injury - that sounds truly scary. At least you were able to make good use of your time and enjoy some reading material. Best of luck in 2011 on your acting and writing journey! :)

    ReplyDelete