Thursday, December 23, 2010

The work never ends....

It's funny how when you're a kid you think that being grown up means all this freedom and awesomeness.  And when you get there, though being legally able to drink is pretty awesome on it's own, really it kind of just sucks.  And on that note, I'm thinking about picking up day drinking as a serious hobby.
For instance, I'm spending as much time over break working as I did while I was in class.
I've set a deadline of January tenth for completeling the ready-to-mail version of my screenplay.  It's been technically done for a few weeks, but it's not quite up to snuff.  I'm only really thrilled about maybe the first quarter of it, the rest just seems to fall a little flat.  It's like I ran out of clever at the end of the first act.
On top I want to have the story written out for my next one by the end of January.  So it's going to be a busy month.
Other than that, everything's good.  The BFF has inspired me to pick up my gym membership again, in preparation for awesome headshots, hopefully by the end of January, though I think Valentines Day is more realistic.  This should be funded for the time being as a late birthday/Christmas gift from my sister, who recieved a bonus for more than my motly income.  What do I get as a lowly City Employee?  A Card.  They used to include scratchers, but then my boss got cheap, not that I blame him, we've got a staff of about 250.
The lawyer BF is knee deep in books, and I rarely see him.  Somehow, I'm okay with it most of the time.  After all, I like my space.  There's a reason we've been together going on four years and we're not engaged.  I think I'm about as serious as I'm capable of getting for the time being. 
Happy Holidays to You an Yours.
Until 2011, Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Don't know your name but I just wanted you to know I've updated and included your blog in my actor blog list: http://adventuresofanactress.blogspot.com/p/actor-blogs.html

    Take a look when you get a chance and hopefully you'll be inspired by some of the other bloggers out there who are right along with you on this crazy actor journey.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete