Thursday, June 9, 2011

Now For a Glass of Red


I feel old.  Like, every day i feel old.
I look at kids graduating from High School and I'm actually jealous of them.  This is sad.  Because kids from high school are naive, they lack in experience, and in general, they're kind of obnoxious.  But hey, they wont worry about the beginnings of wrinkles around their eyes and on their foreheads.
I'm only 24.  24 is not a time to feel old.
I also feel broke.  Because in the last month I've literally spent the cost of my car repairing it (well, almost).  I've run up my credit cards to replace my computer which totally crapped out on me.  And I'm still covering the last few hundred dollars to get my teeth all shiny and straight.
The Lawyer BF, as amazing as he is, is looking for work.  He wants to enter into this internship like arrangement with the county DA.  Of course, this is non paid. 
He at least has a job.  A job where he was promoted twice within 6 months.  Something I'm insanely jealous of because there is no way to move up at my own job.

Anyway, that's the ranting.
Bottom line, we're putting off the move for six months.  The goal now is the new year.  While I'm sad, I also know moving to a place with no employment and 3k in the hole will not work.
I'm planning to make myself a game plan for the summer.  I've also decided not to put off classes until I move, but to start them now and just commute the what?  1.5-4 hour drive depending on time of day.
God, that's a lot of time in a car.
Now, I'm off to drink away my sorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment